We show you how to make the ultimate bolognese recipe.
This classic pasta bolognese recipe is a total classic, delicious, and super-easy to knock together. Make a traditional spaghetti Bolognese recipe with homemade Bolognese sauce
Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe Bon Appétit
6 rashers dry-cured higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
500 g minced beef
200 ml red wine
1 x 280 g jar of sun-dried tomatoes
2 x 400 g tins of plum tomatoes
500 g dried spaghetti
extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
2. Peel and finely chop the garlic and onions, pick and finely chop the rosemary, then finely slice the bacon.
3. Heat a splash of oil in a casserole pan on a medium heat, add the bacon, rosemary, garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the minced beef, breaking it apart with the back of a spoon, then cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until starting to brown, then pour in the wine. Leave to bubble and cook away.
5. Meanwhile, drain and tip the sun-dried tomatoes into a food processor, blitz to a paste, then add to the pan with the tomatoes. Stir well, break the plum tomatoes apart a little.
6. Cover with a lid then place in the oven for 1 hour, removing the lid and giving it a stir after 30 minutes – if it looks a little dry at this stage, add a splash of water to help it along.
7. About 10 minutes before the time is up, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
8. Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain, reserving a mugful of cooking water, then return to the pan with a few spoons of Bolognese, a good grating of Parmesan and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
9. Toss to coat the spaghetti, loosening with a splash of cooking water, if needed.
10. Divide the spaghetti between plates or bowls, add a good spoonful of Bolognese to each, then serve with a fine grating of Parmesan.
Не знайдено дописів